Monday, March 22, 2010

Beginning

So, I started a blog. Mostly as an accident, yes. But I still did it. And I call it Beef Stew. Mostly as a joke, yes, but I think some good can come of it. Here is why:
I had a BAD experience with a person who loved Beef Stew. I didn't know his name, so he became known as beef stew. I proceeded to tell some of my friends the "interesting" things he did, and they said I should blog about it. I am a partially horrible person, so I thought that publishing these stories to the internet would be fun. The not horrible part of me thought it would be wrong. The idea of blogging, however, stayed with me. I had to let it stew, if you will.

So, I started one. But I hope it will be for more than just silly stories about my life. I want to be able to keep people I love informed about my life. They may be far, or near, but they will know how I am. And I think It will be good for me to do something constructive. So. My Goals:

-To Share. I want to share my life with people. My happy moments. My sad moments. Doesn't matter. I just believe that interacting with other people and sharing is what makes us who we are. So, I hope to help us all be a little bit more human.

-To Uplift. There are too many sad people out there. No bueno. I like laughing, but even more, I like the sound of other people laughing. So come here and relax! Have a good laugh!

-To Motivate. I believe that I am a little bit of a terrible person. As a Christian, I feel guilty for that. So, I want to have a blog where I can report the good things I do. That way I will want to do good things that I can report on. And I hope others might read this and be motivated to do better themselves.

Well, thats about it for today. You may read. You may not. I might be doing this just for myself, but at least someone is getting something good out of it. :)

8 comments:

  1. You, sir, make me smile. EVERY. TIME. It makes me very happy to know that, wherever I am, I can get some Nate in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny Nate antics on a blog, I love it! (just be kind to your mother)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at the bottom. I think you would appreciate that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nate, I only saw my father angry one time. It was when of my brothers was rude to my mother. So, I repeat what my daughter, your mother, said: Just be kind to you mother. Love, Grandpa
    P.S. I'm looking forward to your blog; and, I sure it will be humorous--but never rude or crude?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry. That's not the point of this blog. I'll make sure to keep away from that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delbert Hall, Sr.--Thanks Nate! By the way, I was just joking. Not many people understand my "sense of humor?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. Definitely a good thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha ha ha ha ha ..... beef stew. Good times, good times! :P

    ReplyDelete